202 E. Chicago Avenue
A Chicago firehouse with turrets and a parapet, bedazzled for Christmas. The home Engine Company 98 and Ambulance Company 11, this firehouse was built in 1902.
According to WTTW, the red and green lights which flank the doors of all (most ?) firehouses in Chicago were introduced in the late 1920’s by the then new fire chief Albert Goodrich whose family owned a steamship line on the Great Lakes.